Our Health team partners have identified three priorities to focus on:
Chronic obstruction pulmonary disease (COPD)*:
- Prevent or treat people diagnosed with COPD while managing the co-morbidities associated with the disease.
- Facilitate access to spirometry tests to confirm the diagnosis and implement an appropriate care plan that fills gaps in the system.
This disease results in obstruction of the airflow from the lungs.
Mental health and addiction:
- Facilitate access to appropriate community-based care to meet the needs of people with mental health, addiction and concurrent disorders.
- Reduce the number of emergency room visits that do not result in hospitalization.
- Improve access to screening and vaccination (COVID-19, influenza and others) for vulnerable populations of the OHT.
- Review and plan what needs to be done to revive the health system as the pandemic draws to a close, and better support client, particularly vulnerable populations in the OHT.
Several other initiatives will be developed through the evolution of the team's collaborative work.
In order to develop the OSA and support our partners and customers, we can count on the support of various committees:
- Patient, Client and Family Advisory Committee: Provides a voice and active participation for clients, patients, their families and loved ones in decisions related to the co-design of their health care and community services system.
NOTE : This committee is looking for new members! If you would like to learn more about this role, please fill out this form
- Physician Advisory Committee: ensures that planning and changes to the health and community services system reflect the needs and opinions of clinical service providers.
- Finance Committee: provides support and oversight for financial reporting, financial policies, and financial risk management strategies.
- Digital Health Committee: develops and implements digital solutions that meet the needs of patients/clients and partners.
- Performance Committee: monitors performance indicators and makes recommendations for the improvement of health and community services.
- cQIP: Sub-group whose objective is to establish a collaborative quality improvement plan.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): facilitates access to spirometry tests and offers treatment in the community.
- Mental health and addiction: facilitates access to community-based care and services.
- COVID-19 : improves access to screening and participates in immunization efforts in the community, and reviews and plans what needs to be done to revitalize the health system to better support clients, particularly vulnerable populations in OTH.
- Best practice spotlight organizations (BPSO): optimises patient outcomes through evidence-based practice and sustained staff engagement.